How to manage your personal data – Passwords, Profiles – and Posting Articles etc.
If you have provided an email address when joining Guildford Arts you can manage your membership details via this website.
- Firstly obtain a password (Click on GET PASSWORD) which, with your email address, will enable you to log into the site.
- To review the details we hold concerning your membership, go to Manage Membership / My Profile and edit as approriate.
- To renew your membership login and go to Manage Membership /My Account. Click on View Details. Select RENEW (or UPGRADE) and complete the form.
- If you are a Practitioner, Young or Organisation Member your Profile includes information for public use including links and - especially - images. This information is used to populate your entry in the appropriate directory located on the right hand side of the home page.
- Members are invited to post an article (SUBMIT ARTICLE) to the website for the benefit of all!
NOTE: Your posts will be ‘approved’ before they ‘appear’.
Local ARTIST’s Success in major National art exhibition
Work by local artists Roger Aslin and Teresa Lawler (who have both exhibited with Guildford Arts in the past) has been selected from a record number of entries to appear alongside paintings by some of Britain’s leading watercolour painters. This year over 1,200 works were submitted to the exhibition. The Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours 207th Exhibition will be on display in central London, at Mall Galleries between 3 and 18 April 2019.
Watercolour is an ancient medium which has been used from the Palaeolithic era to create many of Europe’s cave paintings, and in the Middle Ages for the illustration of manuscripts. However the popularity of watercolour painting today can be attributed to a transformation in its use, beginning with the Renaissance, and in which the United Kingdom has played a central role.
There have been many changes in the fine art of watercolour in the 187 years since the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (RI) began. Advancements in materials and techniques employed by today’s artists has led to interesting, colourful and dramatic paintings. The RI’s 207th Exhibition at Mall Galleries is a survey of how contemporary artists are using this age-old medium, and a great place to pick up vibrant, original works with prices starting from £350.
The exhibition showcases a diversity of styles and techniques, from traditional uses of watercolours to more experimental and innovative paintings. Works on display are produced by members of the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (RI) and other artists whose pictures have been selected to hang alongside these by the RI Council, including many young painters using water-soluble media in new and exciting ways.
Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours 207th Exhibition
3 to 18 April, 10am to 5pm
Mall Galleries, The Mall, London SW1
A new service for arts lovers
Good news for arts lovers who would like to be kept in the picture about current events without the bother of searching through websites – especially the comprehensive ArtsEGG.uk!
Why not hear about the events that interest you dircctly from your Inbox? Whatever you prefer – Classical Music, Theatre or Visual Art, for example – you can choose from a broad selection of categories to receive updates tailored to your personal interests.
Just click here: Newsletters
Enter the brief details required, tick the boxes you want – and then click ‘subscribe’.
You can always cancel the emails should you wish.
Guildford Arts Websites Admin